Thursday 14 December 2017

10 Things I've learnt In My 20s

The good old 20s.. Sigh! Haha! I guess you're only as old as you feel and I feel more like 26, lol. I think I'm a good example for people who didn't have their life together by the time they were 28, the matter of fact I only knew what I wanted to do in life about 2 1/2 years ago and there's nothing wrong with taking your time. I only started having it all together about a year ago but... what does having it all together even mean, you know. I can pay my bills and I'm doing what I love! I'm not married and I'm not about to be pregnant either, which in my opinion is a very old fashioned view. I'm working on my career as a blogger and social media manager and I travel the world - I'm loving life right now! I linked some teddy coats below for you guys!!!
To all my girls who are in their 20s, I've decided to share with you what I've learnt so that you guys go through life more mindful & self-caring because boy, time is flying!!!

1.  Enjoy your own company: It's ok to miss out on that party or get together with your friends. It's good to learn to enjoy your own company and take time to practice some self-care. People underestimate some 'me-time' and old realise that it's much needed when they actually take that time.

2. Ask for what you want: Nothing is for free and if you want something, you'll have to ask for it. I remember so many times where I wanted something but was too shy to ask for it... Now I just go straight up to them and ask because that's the only way to get something you want. 
3. Avoid negativity: I have learnt that everything that impacts your life and wellbeing needs to go. I go by 'Positive Mind, Positive Life' and let a lot of things behind me because I felt like it was putting me down. This can be small things like I for example stopped watching Love and Hip Hop because it was messing with my mind teaching me a misperception of relationships. 

4. Re-evaluate if you're happy with what you're doing: Think about it - Is this what you want to do for the rest of your life? Is this what you really want to do? If not, it's not to late to go to Uni for a different course or simply start your own business if you have a good idea. 

5. Take every opportunity you can get: If it's the opportunity for an internship/job or the opportunity to visit a friend in another country - take it! No one can ever take experiences away from you.

6. Travel the world: You will never be as free again as in your 20s. No children to take care of, long holidays from Uni or your first job and just time that you can spend exploring the world and experience new cultures. If you don't have the coins, there are super cheap flights out here, I went to Copenhagen last week for £14 return, lol. Catch flights not feelings! 
 7. Leaving people behind who don't add positivity to your life: Growing older I've realised that not everyone's your friend and not everyone has your best intentions. Keep your circle small and your real friends tight. People come and go, some stay and some don't. Every person in your life has a purpose and if they leave their purpose was fulfilled. 

8. Appreciate the moment: It's easy to just live the fast life, especially living in London every day is different and time seems to fly by. Try to appreciate the good times as much as you can.

9. Managing your finances: F*ck that - You only live once! Use your 20s to make the most out of your life, you'll have to work for the rest of you life. 

10. Spend quality time with your loved ones: As an example, my friends from Germany flew in to spend my birthday with me and it meant the world to me. Even if your friends are in another country, try to make it work. No one can replace the time with your besties. 





SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Love this blog! Thank you for sharing this with us <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in my 20s and I'm about losing it all feeling I'm way behind in life. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this blog! You are amazing and so inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. Thanks for sharing .

    ReplyDelete

© Brasilnality. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig