Thursday 4 August 2016

Four Summer Essentials

Finally the heatwave has reached London and we're spending the weekends soaking up in the sun, enjoying BBQ's, rooftop bars and warm summer nights... Light dresses, short skirts, sandals & sunnies... That's music in my ears! As nice as this sounds, we still have to go to work during the week and don't see much sun. It's quite a challenge to find something to wear in summer that's light and comfortable but still won't get you a cold when getting into the air-conditioned office or shopping mall. Happens to me all the time that's why I'm literally sitting here right now writing this post while having the flu.. and it's like 22 degrees outside. Oh well! 

As my followers know, I love midi dresses and I had to get this one because I loved the stripes and front lace up at the same time. Makes it a perfect comfortable dress! I didn't know what to wear with it, I didn't wanna go all "naked" at the top so I tried on some jackets but really, it's too warm for a proper jacket but having the cold I couldn't risk leaving the house without throwing something on. So my off shoulder denim shirt fell into my hands while browsing through my wardrobe that needs an urgent clean up, lol, and it was the perfect fit. This outfit is all about being comfortable, which makes it easy for me to decide on trainers. Haven't worn my new white ones much, so it was about time. This is a casual outfit you can wear anywhere during the day and if your job allows casual wear, then even at the office.

Besides the outfit post, I have listed 4 summer essentials for you guys below and regardless of what style you have, there are plenty of variations out here!

Denim Shirt

A denim shirt is a MUST-HAVE this season and you barley see anyone out here not owning at least one of them. If worn casual as a proper shirt, a light cardigan or just tied around your hips, it completes every casual look. 

Stripes, Stripes, Stripes

Have you entered any shops lately or browsed through clothes online? Exactly, stripes are literally everywhere and I'm loving the comeback! Striped dress striped top, striped jacket, striped pants.. everything striped! In combination or as a single piece, you can't go wrong with it. 

White Trainers

Oh yes, white trainers! And I know what you're thinking now... They get dirty so quickly - and you know what, I can't even deny it. I've worn mine twice and already had to clean them. But white trainers are just a summer essential especially when you're looking for something comfy as opposed to flat sandals. White fits with everything and is just a summery colour.

Anything Marble

The trend marble has not only had its comeback in interior design, it's big in fashion as well. It's just so classy, I don't even have other words for it. You'll find many different clothing pieces and accessories out here in marble and I'm sure you'll find your personal statement piece. 

I hope this helped! Stay tuned for my next post!

Love, Drea
xxx

Outfit details:

Off-Shoulder Denim Shirt: Asos
Lace Up Midi Dress: Topshop
Sunnies: Quay Australia
Cross-body bag: Zara (similar)







SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Brasilnality. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig