Tuesday 7 June 2016

Travel Tips & Essentials / What's in my bag?


I love travelling, but let's be honest - who doesn't? The moment I make that step on the plane, it just makes me feel free and adventurous! Experiencing new cultures, food and people is so much worth and makes a person grow in knowledge and maturity. This time it's only gonna be a mini holiday of 5 days with my lovely parents and it's gonna be warmer than in London - so I'm definitely packing summer clothes! If you wanna know where I'm going, stay tuned on my Instagram and Snapchat (@brasilnality)! 
I find it quite difficult to pack for such a little amount of time because you need to think through the activities you'll be doing and consider extra outfits, shoes etc. So I thought I will give you guys a little inside of what are my travel essentials.

I don't know if you guys feel the same, but for me planning holidays also means outfit planning and I couldn't resist picking up a few new items. First thing I bought is a striped dress. I have to be honest, I wasn't really feeling the whole new sailors stripe trend until I found this dress at Zara. It's actually just a regular bodycon dress with a slid and a deep v-neck but it kind convinced me to give it a try and now I feel like the stripes fit perfectly with my holiday association, lol. I will show you guys a full outfit from my destination soon. 
Do you guys see these pretty rose gold sandals? Yaaaasssss! I'm obsessed with rose gold at the moment and when I found these super cute sandals on Asos they were all sold out! Yes, exactly! That's the face I made! So I kept on searching and found them on Zalando but also sold out in my size. I finally signed up for the email notification for when they're available again and only two days later I received this very important email, which made me RUSH to Zalando and buy them immediately. Phew! You guys know how nerve-wrecking it can be when you really want a certain item. 
I've also bought a hat! Yes, a hat! I'm one the people who look at other girls pics thinking they look so nice in their maxi dresses with the hat and sandals on the beach but I just thought they don't suit me at all - until I found this one at H&M. As soon as I tried it on it was a done deal. I don't know if it was my good hair day, the make up or the fact that I couldn't even properly see myself in the mirror as I wasn't wearing glasses or lenses, but I took it home and I'm still loving it! Btw, how cute is the ribbon on it? I think this is 90% the reason why I bought it, lol. I know, I'm so girly...! 


Ever since I re-discovered backpacks for myself, I wouldn't go on a holiday without one anymore. They're just so convenient and your hands are free for some selfies. Of course I'm scared someone can easily steal from it but this silver Zara backpack has a cord, so you can secure it properly. 
Besides that I'm packing my Heaven Skincare Weekender which includes everything I need for my skin, my Clarisonic brush as when you sweat or have make up on it really helps to unlock the pores, my Weleda food creme for long walks when sightseeing as well as my Balea skincare creme for dark spots as I have a pigmentation on my right cheek, especially when my face is exposed to the sun. Don't forget to have sun creme and a moisturiser with an SPF of at least 15 to keep your face young and fresh. 
Now something I'm very excited about. I have to tell you guys about the new skin tint from NARS I discovered the other week. It's amazing and keeps my face matte as well as makes my skin look like a doll face. LOVING IT! I'm not a big fan of foundation so the skin tint is light and perfect for anyone who's doesn't like having on much. I use the Number 7 airbrush away primer with it my friend recommended and it's really good for an oily T-zone. What works for me, might not work for you but I have combination skin and an extremely oily T-zone.
Oh, and I don't travel without a sleeping mask and my iPad for some Netflix before I sleep. I usually have earplugs as well, I'm a very light sleeper. Thinking about it, I might leave the earplugs at home because I don't like sleeping in hotels that I'm not familiar with and don't hear anything. Ok, now you can call me paranoid, lol. 

One pair of sunglasses for every outfit? Lol.. Almost! But they are definitely an essential! I feel like sunglasses are a thing that has to match an outfit so it's always good to have a couple of them with you to protect you eyes and add that extra big of swag to your outfit. 

Ok it's a 5 day holiday and here are 3 pairs of sandals... There's no way I'm only gonna stick to 3 pairs, lol. I will clearly add some sneakers for the flights and maybe some heels for dinner, as well. But yeah, these three are my latest addition to my wardrobe and are perfect for summer! You can never go wrong with sandals and it was about time to add wedges to my wardrobe as I don't have any. 


Last but not least I have collected some travel hacks for you guys:

Pack Light - There's nothing more annoying than carrying a heavy suitcase

Pack a camera & take as many pics as possible

Use Instagram to find out about the go-to places in your destination city

Be open for new experiences - Ever been on a paddle board?

Make a packing list - There's ALWAYS that one thing that was left behind

Always make sure you have bottled water with you

Speak to locals for insider tips



I hope this gave you an inside of what might also be essential for your short trip!
Have a good start to your week lovelies! 

Love, Drea
xxx


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I've been eyeing up that stripped zara dress. Great packing advice enjoy your holiday.

    tanaka x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sooo pretty and comfortable! Thanks hunny! xxx

      Delete

© Brasilnality. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig